St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church
Office of Faith Formation
Confirmation Program – Two-Year Preparation
Confirmation is the completion of our initiation into the Catholic Church.
Confirmation is the third Sacrament of Initiation, completing what was begun at baptism, and continued with the reception of first Eucharist.
Confirmation Candidate Requirements:
- Baptized and received Eucharist if over the age of 7
- Registered in our parish and Faith Formation Program
- Confirmation is a two year process and completion of both years is required (Gr. 7 & 8)
- Completion of all study and homework assignments
- Attend faith formation classes, retreats, weekly liturgy, Holy Days of Obligation, celebrations, and parent/candidate meetings
- Minimum of 10 hours of community service
- Those who cannot fulfill all the program requirements are welcome to repeat their Confirmation instruction until they are able to do so.
We also work with children with special needs to receive Confirmation.
Please check our calendar for exact dates and times for meetings, retreats, and celebrations. Special meetings will be announced.
Those students enrolled in St. John the Baptist’s Faith Formation Program and are following the standard sequence of religion classes, will usually receive Confirmation at the end of the 8th year of Faith Formation instruction.
Some young people also come into our program as catechumens (not baptized) and candidates (baptism only). We deal with the sacramental needs of these children who are out of the standard sequence on a case by case basis.
For children in the 7th grade or older: Go to our RCITeens page.
Please keep in mind that Catholics are to be confirmed before the are married, In order to be a Godparent or a Sponsor in the Catholic Church, a person must be a fully initiated and practicing Catholic and have received the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation.